No one can ignore chocolate chip cookies, don’t you? Imagine the crispy, sweet and rich taste from this lovely snack, I’m sure you would love to have one now. Thereby insists of keep thinking the taste of this baby, I’ve decided to make some this weekend. I found a recipe which is covered most what I’m looking for. Actually I’m looking for the recipe that includes brown sugar other than white granulated sugar.
Throughout the process of making these cookies, suddenly there is an idea cross my mind. Why not making different sizes of chocolate chip cookies? It sure creates lots of fun. Moreover people will get excited for seeing different sizes of cookies in front of them. The result turns out excellent. The cookie is sweet, crispy and delicious. I’ve lend some to my husband’s colleagues and the cookies finished within a day. You’re most encouraged to try this recipe out. It gives lots of fulfillment.
Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe (36 XL Size Cookies)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) (226 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar
- 3/4 cup (160 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups (295 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (270 grams) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (100 grams) walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F
- Cream the butter and sugar (white sugar & brown sugar) in a large bowl, then add eggs one at a time. Make sure the egg is incorporating fully to the batter. Add in vanilla extract too.
- In another large bowl, pour in flour, baking soda and salt, mix well.
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and salt) to the wet ingredients (butter sugar egg mixture)
Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Stir the batter, mix well, but not over.
- Spoon the batter to the baking sheet. You can use ice cream scoop if desire for XL size cookies, if not normal tablespoon will do.
- Flatten the cookies a bit before sending it to the oven.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes or until the edge of the cookies turn in brown.