What make chocolate chip muffin popular? There are many reasons behind. Nonetheless the main reason is definitely the rich taste and beautiful aroma of the muffin. No one is able to avoid the charm of this food item, includes me. There are many ways to make this muffin. If you want to learn make these chocolate chip muffins from scratch, and then the first requirement is you must get the best quality chocolate chips. For example the Hershey chocolate chips which is one of the most fine quality chocolate chips in the market. Although the chips might charge you more; however the result will prove to you every of your spending is worth it.
You can make different types of chocolate chip muffins. Some people like to incorporate the chips with other materials, for example apple, banana, peach, pineapple etc. Basically it is all about your creativity where to create the finest muffins that you think will popular most. The recipe is also pretty varieties, for example there were recipe for banana chocolate chip muffins which is easy and fast to prepare and the most important thing is it tastes deliciously.
I’ve developed these lovely muffins from Laura Vitale’s recipe. By the way I made a little bit of adjustment just to ensure the muffin does not too sweet. I decreased the granulated sugar to 1 tablespoon; nonetheless maintain the quantity of brown sugar.
Sour cream is my secret ingredient in this recipe. Exactly like what Laura Vitale mentioned in her video, the sour cream is able to make your muffin taste moist, tender and juicy. Try this and you’ll feel the miracle brought by the sour cream.
Here comes the absolute recipe for chocolate chip muffins:
Chocolate Chip Muffins (Make 12 muffins)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tbsp baking powder, ½ tsp salt, 1/8 tsp cinnamon powder, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 300g chocolate chips (adjustable), 2/3 cup milk, ½ cup melted butter, 2 tbsp sour cream, 2 eggs, ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit/ 204 degree Celsius
- Line 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners
- In a small bowl, mixes together dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and salt, cinnamon powder
- In another bowl, mix the chocolate chips with 2 tbsp of dry ingredients. Please make sure the chips are coated fully with the flour mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine the wet ingredients, beat the melted butter with sugar (white & brown sugar), put in the egg one at a time and make sure the egg is fully incorporated to the batter. Then add in vanilla extract.
- Pour the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Then fold in chocolate chips flour mixture and make sure the chips are evenly spread through the batter.
- Spoon the batter to the muffin liners. I’m using ice cream scoop. You should fill the batter ¾ cups full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the toothpick inserted to the center of the muffin cake comes out clean.
These are the results and they look amazing, don’t you think so?