Cinnamon is a fabulous spice which offered special kind of aroma, I personally love cinnamon aroma and taste very much. I’ve tasted cinnamon rolls before; however none to muffins. Thereby I make up my mind to make super savory and tasty cinnamon muffin by my own self. I did some researches on cinnamon muffins and decided to try one, which I think is the best cinnamon muffin ever, which is cinnamon apple muffin.
The recipe is pretty straightforward where the ingredients are easy to get and no complicated steps are required to make the muffin. Besides cinnamon, the muffin included fresh diced apple and chocolate chips. The ingredients preparation took only about 30 minutes and 25 minutes to bake. I managed to make the muffins for my afternoon tea, thus sharing it with my neighbor and family. Here come the recipe for cinnamon apple muffin.
Ingredients (Make 8 Big Muffins)
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar (I only used ½ cup)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter / canola oil
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped apples
- ½ cup chocolate chips
Method / Preparation
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F, line the 12 cup muffin tin with liners.
- Combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and cinnamon powder
- In another bowl, cream together melted butter and sugar, then add in egg slowly, and make sure the egg is incorporating perfectly to the batter. Then fold in chopped apples and chocolate chips. (Coat the apples and chocolate chips with some flour mixture that you’ve prepared earlier, approximately 2 tbsp, in advance). Mix it well, however, don’t over mix the batters.
- Spoon the batter to the muffin liners, about ¾ cup full.
- Bake for about 18-25 minutes